Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? Luke 12:27-28, NKJV
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Amazing Amaryllis
I adopted this amaryllis bulb from the vet clinic I worked at- it was presumed dead and beyond hope, but I decided to give it a second chance. I set the water-logged, rotting bulb that had never bloomed on the cold ledge inside our back sliding door. I had intended to let it dry out just for a while, but there it sat for months untended. Little did I know my neglect was doing exactly what it needed. I found it back behind the curtain one day and thought I should try to water it, not hoping for any change. Lo and behold- it came to life!! No blooms, just foliage for a couple years, until we moved into our current apartment last spring. Then it happened- a strange bud emerged from the leaves and grew up, up, and up. The bud opened to reveal two striking and enormous flowers, followed by two more as the first faded. What beautiful things our Lord has made!

Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? Luke 12:27-28, NKJV
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? Luke 12:27-28, NKJV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an excellent post, Jaime. The amaryllis is beautiful!! And the scripture so appropriate.
I agree - great post!
You do have the magic green fingers too though! I remember you saving little bulb cacti that one day out by the river :)
Post a Comment