Sam headed north to a friend's grandparent's ranch in Guernsy to try his hand at hunting for the first time. The weather was supposed to be a bit on the cold side with some snow flurries on Saturday. on Thursday, Rachel, Lori, and I headed out for some autumn sightseeing on the scenic loop through the Snowy Mountains. We stopped for lunch at the Bear Tree Cafe in Centennial (yum!) and then headed up the highway, stopping a few times along the way to enjoy the scenery. We saw quite a few deer and even a couple of wild turkeys on the other side of the mountains and Rachel got some good pictures. We wound our way through the hills and took a break in Woods Landing to load up on some snacks for the rest of the drive and arrived home in the late afternoon.
Sam said they had quite a bit of snow at the ranch as well. He didn't come across any bucks on Friday, and they weren't allowed to hunt does in that area (which, of course, he saw plenty of). He called be Saturday afternoon to see how things were going, and he patiently visited with me about the bathroom project Rachel and I were busy on. We wound up the conversation and before we said good by I casually asked if he got a deer- Yep! He shot a buck that morning and would be bringing it home to hang in our garage the next day. It will be great to have venison this winter. Mmm... stew, chili, roast... I think I need to eat lunch soon!
Rachel and I had a great weekend together and spent time relaxing, catching up, playing the Indiana Jones Lego Playstation game, working on the bathroom wall cabinet, and chasing Lori.
On Monday we all loaded up in the Honda and headed to Cheyenne to go shopping. The drive wasn't too bad until we got to the other side of the summit and we descended into the thick blanket of fog covering Cheyenne. The fog cleared and we had a pleasant trip home.
Rachel, Lori, and I headed out at 4:00am on Tuesday morning in order to get Rachel to the airport by 6:30am. The mountains between here and Fort Collins were really foggy, but the Lord protected us and got us safely to Denver. It's always hard to say goodbye, but I love the times I get to spend with my family and friends.
2 comments:
Jamie I love the door wreath! It is gorgeous! You should definately do flower arranging more often! And the hunting picure of Sam is priceless! Your life will never be the same again (but your freezer will be full!:-)
Yay, what a praise--meat through the winter!
And I love your posts. Makes me feel like I am right there :)
Post a Comment