It's Wednesday and I'm almost done cutting up Sam's elk legs. Husband good hunter. :) Sam and his friends, Sean and David, left for hunting early Saturday morning and weren't to be heard from until late that evening that Sam and David each shot an elk- and they shot them at the exact same time (only one shot heard, but two elk down)! We've got plenty of meat to last us and a lot of creative cooking ahead for me- praise God for His amazing provision! After hearing Sam's recount of the kill and hauling it home (through steep terrain and trees), and helping him skin, cut up, and package the deer and elk, I definatly have a better appreciation for the meat we are eating this year.
Well, again, it's Wednesday... and I'm almost healthy after my run-in with a flu bug. It was short-lived, but I'm still drained. Lori has been a great sport with a sick mama laying around- she just wanted to hang out and snuggle with me when I first became ill on Sunday afternoon, and we've watched a few DVD's together. Here's a couple of videos of her being as cute as can be after a good looong afternoon nap earlier this week:
No comments:
Post a Comment