Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sowing Seeds

Ah... Laramie winter. It's still here. And its not leaving anytime soon. We haven't had much snow over the past six weeks, but the snow we got in the fall is still here. It's hard to wait to start my indoor seeds for our garden this summer, but they'll get too big for my little south facing window if I plant them now. I think I planted them in April or May the last time I tried a garden here- I'll have to dig out my garden journal (yeah- I'm a nerd). Some friends were looking up their frost dates, and out of curiosity I found ours. Uh, yeah... Laramie's last frost is July 8 and first frost is August 14. A garden grows here only by the Lord's will. I think I'll try more root vegetables this time.

We're looking forward to an opportunity to head down to Mexico for Spring Break this year on a mission trip with our church. I suppose that'll usher in a little summer for us early! We'll be helping out Dave and Carol Scott, missionaries to Navajoa, Sonora, Mexico. They are working on some building projects and we'll help them with teaching and evangelism as well. They have planted a couple of churches down there and they are seeing a lot of people come to the Lord. Please be praying for our group's preparation, travel, boldness in the gospel, and for hearts to be prepared to hear the good news.

Hear are a few sweet moments from the past week:

Snuggle time!
We went on a walk on Saturday- it was actually pretty nice, just a little chilly. Lori started to get sleepy, so we took her out of the stroller and let her walk for a bit. She likes to stop and observe just about everything! :)
Sittin' in her rocking chair. She has been getting up into chairs and onto the coffee table a lot this week- she's enjoying her new skill!
So Sweet!

This is a fun little video I put together today (our camera only takes short clips, so I combined a few together of her playing this morning).

No comments: