Friday, February 26, 2010

Chicken Pinwheels

These little pinwheels turned out so cute, I had to post a pic of them. Lori wasn't as excited as I was, but she gave them an honest try.
I've found it difficult to be creative with Lori's lunch menu (and she prefers it that way, might I add). A growing girl needs variety, so today we tried something new. I got the idea from a children's magazine at the doctor's office and used what I had in my fridge.

Ingredients:
1 baby spinach leaf, minced
1 tsp finely shredded carrot
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 piece of thinly sliced chicken lunch meat
1/4 of a flour tortilla

In a small bowl mix the spinach, carrot, and cream cheeses thoroughly. Spread 1/2 of mixture onto tortilla, lay on piece of lunch meat, then top with remaining spread. Roll up tightly and slice into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. I thought they tasted great- maybe Lori will warm up to them eventually! ;)

No comments: