Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a brief debriefing

Here are a few pictures and a quick update.  It has felt like a busy fall, but maybe because I have a little less energy to go around.  Lori keeps me pretty busy throughout the day, and entertained.  I love watching her grasp new words and concepts.  She follows me pretty close while I do the housework, and tries to help me to the best of her developing ability.  Folding the laundry and washing dishes with a two year old takes a bit longer, but ends up being enjoyable time spent. 
 
This picture was taken at 26 weeks.  I have my 28 week appointment this afternoon- please pray my glucose test is normal (hoping for no diabetes).  Our little one is active and growing... we're looking forward to March!
Sam put up a nice mirror, light fixture, and towel ring a couple of weeks ago.  Here's a picture of the original state of our bathroom (above).
 And here's a picture of the pretty new sink area!  A different photo angle, but you get the idea.  I painted the vanity cabinet last winter and Sam and my parents finished some built-in cabinets behind the door this past June.  We hope to re-do the tile floor and get a new vanity and sink set-up someday, too.
 Sam and Lori trekking up the hill for a Christmas tree.  Lori seemed to enjoy the trip up, telling us about the snow and trees.
 A kiddo-sized tree
  This is a short clip of Lori trying to tromp through the snow, without much success.
 Wheeeeee!  Sam and Lori give our friend's sled a try- she looks stressed, but I think she enjoyed it.  On Sunday, she tried to get on the sleds at the hardware store, and wasn't too pleased to leave them be.
Lori's Christmas present that I started making in high school... took about 14 years to complete.  :)

No comments: