Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Update Not Too Late

The past couple of months have gone by quickly- its already the third week in January and our new little one will be here before we know it!  :)  The baby is currently holding out in a breech position (what's with me and breech?  Lori and I both entered the world hinder-parts first!).  I'd really appreciate prayers that he/she will turn the right direction and be an appropriate size for a normal delivery (Lori was BIG).  We are planning to go to Cheyenne for a normal birth, since the hospital here won't do one after I've had a c-section.  This pregnancy has been so much easier than my last- God has been quite merciful this time.  I also just plain don't have time to whine about any aches and pains with my beautiful and boisterous little girl keeping me on my toes.

We had a nice quiet Christmas here at home.  Our friends and their new baby girl came over for Christmas dinner and some great fellowship.  We dearly miss our friends and family that are miles away, but we feel so blessed to have such a great family of brothers and sisters here in Laramie to share our lives with.

 Lori had a great time with our tree and all the Christmas festivities this year.  She took it as her responsibility to keep the gifts and decorations in order under the tree.
 She'll actually sport me a sweet smile for the camera (most times) now.
 Thank you, Auntie Miriam, for the fun blue tube!
 Opening presents Christmas morning.  She really got into it and helped us open ours, too!
This was my first attempt at a natural wreath made our of extra tree boughs from our mountain tree hunt.  Thanks for the lesson, Stephannie!  Hopefully we can do that again next year!
 32 weeks and counting...I'll be 34 weeks this upcoming Wednesday!  Haha- I just had to go lay on the floor before finishing this post to encourage baby to pull his/her foot out of a VERY tender spot on my side that has been kicked repeatedly today... much better now.  It gets interesting when you have to share such a tight space with a precious little person.
 I finally finished reupholstering the glider rocker I bought used a couple of years ago.  My mom helped me finish the seat cushion and ottoman around Lori's first birthday... I just put together the back cushion this week.  So, I tend to take a while to finish projects.  I thought it would be nice to put this chair to use again soon.
 Lori sporting a snazzy blue tongue courtesy of Dum-Dum Pops (none other than blue raspberry).  Daddy chipped in a supportive tongue for the picture, too!
We talk about the baby almost daily with Lori.  I don't know how much she understands, but she gave the baby his/her first hug this morning.  Aw.  She often tells me "Open.  Baby out.  Hold it.".  She also has maintained the opinion that we are having a boy and that his name should be Tyler.

1 comment:

Teini said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and are all ready for the baby. The wreath turned out great!