Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Keeping busy and full of anticipation

Here's a quick update on how things are going around Ft. Lind.  Sam is working plenty of hours at his regular job, as well as refereeing basketball one to two nights a week.  When he's not working, he's playing with our boisterous little girl or fixing up the truck God blessed us with.  He just finished quite a nice looking extension on the exhaust (it had been sawed off at the middle back of the cab)- now just to get the engine put back together so he can hear his work in action!  

Lori is keeping me busy as always and is a constant stream of commentary on the happenings around her.  She loves to go swimming with her friends and to go to church, and asks to do these things everyday.  I think she is looking forward to holding our new baby, and gave him or her quite a few kisses and a hug yesterday.  She liked seeing the little one on the ultrasound today, even if its a little abstract for her to watch.

Baby is getting closer to his/her grand appearance by the day!  I'm already at 39 weeks (due date is next Wednesday).  Its getting much more difficult to get my growing belly around and about, but I'm encouraged by the thought that this part won't be for much longer.  The plan has changed a little for the birth- my doctor says that the local hospital got new insurance and I should be okay to have a normal birth (VBAC) here in Laramie (as opposed to driving 45 minutes over the pass to Cheyenne).  Praise God!  He's on call this weekend, so I'm hoping that we'll be able to have the birth then (if not before).


Playing with her stove that I fashioned out of a cardboard box from Grandma.
Sam gave Lori a cute, shorter haircut a couple of weeks ago.  I decided to see if I could get it back into a ponytail still.  So cute!  It just doesn't last too long (this was just for swimming).
 38 1/2 week belly picture
 
 Baby #2's ultrasound today- check out those cheeks!  He/ she is about 7 lbs 12 oz with a 35 cm head- a little on the big size for 39 weeks, but still much smaller than Lori was at the same age (she was born at 39 weeks and was 9 lbs 12 oz with a 41 cm head)!




No comments: